Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Crowdforging: Changes to War of Towers for EE 4.0

Ryan Dancey
Players,

Over the weekend we had a fantastic conversation with many of you in many venues about the changes we're making to War of Towers for the next update - Early Enrollment v4.0.

This message is an update to the plans posted in the Release Notes thread and superceeds those notes.

Removal of Towers

We are removing the Towers immediately adjacent to the Player Settlements, which will reduce the total number of Towers in the game to approximately 125.

We're making this change for 2 reasons:

1: We want to concentrate PvP activity and make it more likely that opposing forces will encounter each other. Fewer Towers means that the need to strategically pick Towers to hold and to monitor will be substantially increased. Based on the number of Towers in the game, and the number of what we consider "active" PC Settlements (PC Settlements that we think are being used by Companies that are engaged in regular play), there should be between 5 and 6 Towers per Settlement. Of course we know that some Settlements will take more than that (or try!) and that will create quite a bit of interesting conflict.

2: We want to remove the problem of "nuisance" Tower capture, where so many Towers were held by Companies that don't really care about defending them, meaning that Companies could easily give up a Tower and capture another undefended Tower to replace whatever territory they had lost. Now Companies will find that any Tower they want to take will be meaningful to someone and there will be repercussions for every Tower that changes hands.

Changes to Training Based on Tower Control

We intend to create three tiers of character training related to War of Towers:

1: NPC Settlements will remain unchanged and you will be able to train Role achievements up to 8th level.

2: PC Settlements that choose not to hold Towers will be able to train Role achievements up to 9th level. We will slowly raise this cap over time so that PC Settlements that don't hold Towers will increase their training capabilities but won't catch up to the PC Settlements that do wish to hold Towers.

3: PC Settlements that choose to hold Towers will gain 1 level of training capability for every 3 Towers they hold. Training to 10th level will require a PC Settlement to hold 3 Towers. Right now, 10th Rank in the Role achievements is the furthest characters should be able to reach based on the max XP they have been able to earn. We estimate that 11th Rank characters will begin to appear in a month to a month and a half, and 12th Rank characters in about 3 months.

Our schedule for deploying Early Enrollment v4.0 requires us to start the build process tomorrow, which means that you'll have about a day to consider these changes and give us your feedback. We are very interested in your comments - we want to proudly say that these changes reflect the input from a wide cross-section of players.
Ortallus
Please delete this thread/comment.
My ban has now gone from 7 days to permanent with a chance to appeal after 6 months. Paizo has violated the ToS and EULA, which mention nothing about repercussions for actions on the forums resulting in loss of access to the game client. I have not done anything in violation of the rules which would warrant a ban from the game client.
Kadere
I am happy with this. I feel that Sunholm will able able to hold the 3 towers required to keep our training relevant - and if we can't hold that much, we probably don't deserve it. Well done Goblin crew!
Avari
Good work, this is about where I felt the math should be. There are enough towers for 14 settlements to have max training.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
I was never as frustrated as most about the changes, but I think you've made a good call on this.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Ortallus
Please delete this thread/comment.
My ban has now gone from 7 days to permanent with a chance to appeal after 6 months. Paizo has violated the ToS and EULA, which mention nothing about repercussions for actions on the forums resulting in loss of access to the game client. I have not done anything in violation of the rules which would warrant a ban from the game client.
Gog
9 + T/3 works for me. I trust the devs to tune further if it becomes necessary.
^This is Dak (Charlie George). RIP <Guurzak>
Tink says Stab
Coolio. I still think that NPC settlements should have their training reduced, but this seems cool.
Tink quivers in sheer euphoria as the dank memes course through his fedora
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
This is a reasonable compromise
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
Hoffman
I am very happy with this.
Pathfinder University Helping new players to enjoy the game.
Daily classes listed at http://classes.pathfinderuniversity.com - all are welcome.
Join Pathfinder University for your first 90 days in game.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post