Pathfinder University Classes for new players - held daily

Hoffman
About the Pathfinder University - PFU (previously known as River Academy):

Pathfinder University (PFU) is a company and home for new players (in their first 90 days) that provides support, training (including regular classes) and fun for those who are just learning PFO. A player can only be a member of the Pathfinder University for their first 90 days. After their first 90 days they need to move to another company in PFO. The intent of the Pathfinder University is to give people a place to grow, try things out, and then move to the right company/settlement for them. Pathfinder University will be a collaborative (sharing in resources and supplies) and will have regularly scheduled events and classes.

Classes will be held on Mumble, taught by companies from across the map and open to all. Pathfinder University holds RiverBank as a training grounds for those who want to try out settlement mechanics and the like. RiverBank is an unaligned, neutral settlement located in the South West Plains [-09.18}.

Pathfinder University Faculty staff the help channel and the University mumble.

Golarion Mumble Server
Address: golarion.mumble.com
Port: 3093
Join the Pathfinder University channel

If you haven't tried Mumble it is a voice chat program that can be downloaded here. You do not have to have a microphone for your computer as you can still type, but at least you will be able to hear the conversations. If you have trouble with mumble, their support page is here.

There is a new player guide on what to do in your first 15 days here. most everything is in the encyclopedic 'Cheatle's Guide'. This guide is both a guide itself and a guide to guides. For those who prefer more pictures and a prettier guide, check out SSpitfire's guide.

To join PFU, click on the tower icon in the top left, put University in search bar, hit return, select Pathfinder University and then click apply. Or you can type in chat /vcjoin Pathfinder University

Rules of the Pathfinder University
  • No PVP within RiverBank or the six core hexes surrounding RiverBank unless it is in a tower pvp window or a Pathfinder University sanctioned event (i.e. a class on PVP).
  • Pathfinder University is not allowed to take any towers, unless as part of a class.
  • We follow the two rules of RiverBank: 1. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you and 2. Don’t be a jerk.
  • Pathfinder University members are not allowed to make or sign any treaties or long term agreements. Trade agreements or the like must be time limited (i.e. no more than 90 days).
  • Donate what you don’t need to others. Pathfinder University will have a bank where you can donate or list them on the auction house for 1 copper. (pay it forward)
  • Being part of Pathfinder University is a privilege and subject to following the rules above.

If you have questions about PFU, please feel free to contact Vorsk, Master of Students, Foxglove, Master of Curriculum or Hoffman Grand Master of PFU.
Pathfinder University Helping new players to enjoy the game.
Daily classes listed at http://classes.pathfinderuniversity.com - all are welcome.
Join Pathfinder University for your first 90 days in game.
foxglove
UPDATE:

Saturday Lore Hour: Cheatle will continue giving more talks about the Golarion lore. Much recommended, even if you missed his first lore class (you can find it on youtube though)

Default PFU class schedule

All events at 9PM EST except Dev chats at 8 PM EST unless otherwise stated.
All escalations or physical events in/around Riverbank unless otherwise stated.
All events hosted at golarion mumble.
All events open to all players regardless of company, alignment, reputation or experience.

MONDAYS: PvP. Hosted by Golgotha/EoX. If you can't beat them, take lessons from them.

TUESDAYS: Economy and crafting. Rotation of classes by profs Thannon, Foxglove and others. Crafting, trading, gear and keywords.

WEDNESDAYS: Dev chats, Game design, Politics. Hoffman hosting dev chats and debates.

THURSDAYS: Game mechanics. Rotation of classes by prof Duffy and others. Martial classes, caster classes, combat mechanics and even how to play the classes not implemented yet.

FRIDAYS: Q & A. For newbs: PFU helpline on mumble manned by prof Nactilius and other PFU staff from 5-9 PM EST on mumble. For veterans: discussions every week a new build hits the test server or live server (times to be posted)

SATURDAYS: Lore (and more). Hosted by TEO/EBA. TEO has an extremely structured approach to everything PFO, from PvE to crafting to company and settlement management. Saturdays you can hear Cheatle, Pino or other officers share their knowledge about their areas of expertise. Currently, Cheatle is giving a series of talks about Golarion and the River Kingdoms themselves.

SUNDAYS: Adventuring. PFU professors and students invite all to fight various escalations. Pick up helpful tips (each guild we've hunted with do things a little differently) and get you chance to practice leading a group - as well as your share of the loot.
Foxglove - of Pathfinder University (PFU/Riverbank)
Silkworm - of Phoenix Industries (TEO/Brighthaven)
On these boards I never speak for TEO, only for myself or PFU. Contact me if you want to hold a guest lecture for PFU
Hoffman
Videos of our keepside chat are at http://youtube.pathfinderuniversity.com

When you need to know where to start check out our first 15 days guide at http://15.pathfinderuniversity.com

If you or anyone else need help or a buddy invite email hoffmanpfu at gmail.com

Just a heads up that the dates in the post above our off. Tonight's class (3/11) is Guurzak.
Pathfinder University Helping new players to enjoy the game.
Daily classes listed at http://classes.pathfinderuniversity.com - all are welcome.
Join Pathfinder University for your first 90 days in game.
foxglove
thanks to Thodd for volunteering as this weeks guest lecturer!
On these boards I never speak for TEO, only for myself or PFU. Contact me if you want to hold a guest lecture for PFU
Giorgio
Hoffman,

Now with EE5 and the Diety/Alignment blog out, I would like to request a class for Paladins (Fighter/Clerics), I am not sure where to start and some guidance would be welcome. smile
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

PM Giorgo on Paizo Forums
PM Admin George on The Dominion of the Northern Marches
foxglove
Attention new players: ** get on mumble! **

seriously, it's the most important thing you can do to learn the game!

Why fill general chat with game mechanics questions when you can corner a vet in a chat room and get your answers ten times faster.
foxglove
Giorgio
Hoffman,

Now with EE5 and the Diety/Alignment blog out, I would like to request a class for Paladins (Fighter/Clerics), I am not sure where to start and some guidance would be welcome. smile

absolutely! We can surely do a ftr/cle, domains and alignment class, but if you want actual info on the plans for the paladin role, we may need a dev to give that class.

and yes, this is obviously a good place to request new classes.
Duffy Swiftshadow
Giorgio
Hoffman,

While I've had the topic come up in the Q&A sections of my chats it might be interesting to do a speculative 'future classes' lecture and how to partially prepare. I'll do some research and maybe slot that to fill out my 4 week cycle. Good idea.
foxglove
bah.. that should have been an edit of the above post, not a reply…

(@Duffy - i'm maybe moving a bit fast here, but i put that speculative class up on the rotation already).
foxglove
foxglove
Wednesday 18th: 9 PM EST. DEBATE: Government and Politics in the River Kingdoms. Leaders from across the map come together to discuss governance and politics in this moderated debate. Recommended for players as well as devs!

Hoffmann will be hosting and moderating this debate.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post