Pathfinder University Classes for new players - held daily

PFU Hoffman
In light of the many recent threads about politics, territory, PVPm retaliation, etc, Pathfinder University has decided to make its class for Wednesday, 3/18 at 9PM EST a DEBATE about government and politics in PFO.

We are asking leaders from across the map to join us for this session. We would like to have 1 leader from each of the major power blocks, and will take a few leaders from the unaligned/minor blocks. This is mostly because we can't have 33 different people in the debate and would really like to keep it under 8-10. If you are willing to join the debate, please PM PFU Hoffman.

To date we have commitments from:

Omnipotentseal - Aeonian League
Cheatle - EBA
Tigari- Golgotha/EoX

We will add more leaders as we get additional commitments.

The session is going to be a debate, following classical format:

1. Everyone will get a 1 minute max opening statement
2. I will ask a question and each person will have 1-2 minutes to answer (depending on the question), and an option for a 30 second rebuttal.
3. Everyone will have a 1 minute closing statement.

We currently have the class scheduled for 60 minutes but if we get 10 leaders and enough questions we may have to extend it to 90 minutes. It will be recorded and our previous sessions are at http://youtube.pathfinderuniversity.com

As far as questions go, here is a start:

What does the River Kingdom freedoms mean to your group?
What territory do you 'own' and what does that mean?
What is your stance on PVP and retaliation?

I will take more questions in this thread or via PM. PLEASE post questions in this thread but lets not try to answer them here as I want to have a live debate not a thread war.
Pathfinder University - A place for new players in their first 90 days.
foxglove
Gratz to Guurzak on having his (excellent!) lecture promoted in the official PFO March update newsletter!
Foxglove - of Pathfinder University (PFU/Riverbank)
Silkworm - of Phoenix Industries (TEO/Brighthaven)
On these boards I never speak for TEO, only for myself or PFU. Contact me if you want to hold a guest lecture for PFU
BlackMoria
Clarify on the date - the 19th is a Thursday and the above states Wednesday, 3/19.

So is the session on Wednesday or Thursday? I assume Wednesday but it needs to be clarified.
PFU Hoffman
It is Wednesday the 18th. Sorry for the typo
MidknightDiamond
Event posted in Community Arena and linked to through the Achievement forum for the Fanes/special area run.
Aurora Silverstar, Pathfinder University Quartermaster & Explorer
Kiernan Silverstar, Aurora's lazy & good-for-nothing younger brother who just likes to blow things up.

PM MidknightDiamond on Paizo Forum
PFU Hoffman
Pathfinder University is proud to announce that we will have a keep side chat with Goblinworks Stephen Cheney Wednesday, 4/1 at 8PM Eastern on the Golarion Mumble.

Stephen has agreed to answer our questions (as best as he can) and Hoffman will be the moderator. What that means is you can post your questions here, PM them to Hoffman and/or ask them via PM in Mumble during the event. I am going to try to ask Stephen questions that impact the most players first, and during the event will be watching Hex chat for follow up questions.

Bottom line details:

Event: Public Keepside Chat with Stephen Cheney
Date/Time: Wednesday, 4/1 at 8PM Easterm
Mumble location: Golarion/University mumble - golarion.mumble.com port 3093 in the Pathfinder University Channel. Download the mumble client here *Mumble is limited to the first 75 participants.

Pathfinder University is a company for new players in their first 90 days. More information is available here.
foxglove
updated 2nd post with the new setup for a 'generic' schedule from april on. For any comments of the generic schedule, please use the paizo thread. I will go back to posting specific class titles and times after easter.
Foxglove - of Pathfinder University (PFU/Riverbank)
Silkworm - of Phoenix Industries (TEO/Brighthaven)
On these boards I never speak for TEO, only for myself or PFU. Contact me if you want to hold a guest lecture for PFU
Giorgio
The link to download the mumble client is mising.
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

PM Giorgo on Paizo Forums
PM Admin George on The Dominion of the Northern Marches
PFU Hoffman
Duffy will be teaching a PVP 101 class on Monday, 4/6 at 9PM Eastern.

Also this Wednesday, 4/8 at 8PM Eastern we will have a Keepside Chat with Mark Kalmes, CTO of Goblinworks.
PFU Hoffman
Next Keepside Chat, 4/15 at 8PM EST will be GW's Lee. Just in time for the next patch! Send Hoffman your questions in advance if at all possible.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post