Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Question to GW on Sarenrae and Scimitar

Edam
The clerics of Keeper's Pass are focusing on Sarenrae as our likely main Deity.

With both Fire and Sun Domains available there are no issues with suitable Domains (though the Sun Domain has good keywords but a very ordinary slight bump to Perception as its Domain ability)

There is however a problem with training weapons as Scimitar is not available. We currently use a longsword and choose between Dawnflower's Caress, Fire Whirl, Ward of Withdrawn Favor, Cleansing Cut, Slash of Sacred Speed, and Strike of Sacred Strength which will all be compatible with Sarenrae however training any generic longsword feats to T2 is pointless longterm.

To this end it would be good to know whether scimitar is likely to show up as a weapon in the near future.

In addition will we get a chance to crowdforge the proposed attack feats for the scimitar (and other new weapons like crossbow) before introduction ?
Stephen Cheney
Scimitar and Longsword both use the same general feats from One-Handed Sword. There are currently no general feats intended to be just for one or the other. The only One-Handed Sword feats currently in game that you eventually won't be able to use with a scimitar are Ward of Valor, Inheritor's Strike, and Sword of the Light (which will be longsword only), and, similarly, Iomedae-worshipping longsword-users will be able to use every One-Handed Sword feat currently available except Dawnflower's Caress and Fire Whirl (and there's one more Sarenrae feat that's missing an effect so isn't yet available).

In addition to the Perception bonus, Sun is intended to grant a bonus against Undead, once I have the tech to use creature type as a conditional (no ETA).
Edam
Thanks Stephen, that clarifies things a lot.
Quijenoth
Since we are on the topic of deity weapons, I keep hearing that Crossbows are just "waiting for the artwork" to be implemented - is there any timeframe for when Abadar clerics will get their weapon feats since it is one of the core deities?

I don't mind having them select-able even if they don't have weapons available.
Grimmel
I am also very interested to hear news of Abadar crossbow feats and weapon availability timeframes.
Stephen Cheney
No ETA on crossbows.
Tuoweit
Stephen Cheney
No ETA on crossbows.

I don't suppose we could get a summary of the general "flavour" of crossbow attacks, compared to Longbow or Shortbow?
Rynnik
Tuoweit
Stephen Cheney
No ETA on crossbows.

I don't suppose we could get a summary of the general "flavour" of crossbow attacks, compared to Longbow or Shortbow?

Oh-man, that would be awesome if there is a draft on mechanics and it is the art piece still a work in progress.
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Stephen Cheney
Basic Light Crossbow Strike: Damage Factor 3.08, Attack Speed 2.6, Stamina 35, Range 20m

As currently conceived, light crossbows are similar in range to Shortbow and attack very slowly, so they pack a big punch. Most of the attacks are Penetrating and Precise, and they do a lot of Bleeding and the occasional Razed and Immobilize.
Rynnik
Will there be heavy crossbows (or any other crossbow options added) with range similar to longbow eventually?

With spear approaching shortbow ranges now 20m isn't feeling so very ranged :-P
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post