Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Update From Lisa

Bob
There's a new update from Lisa on our blog. Check it out there, discuss it here.
Maxen
Thank you Lisa!
Duffy Swiftshadow
That's good to hear, hope this one pans out better.
Flari-Merchant
Excellent and Thanks Lisa! It is mostly overlooked that, though you are in charge, this MMO CEO gig isn't your playing field typically. Sorry about that. smile
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com
Commander Nefarious Robert Haagen-Takasi Grand Lich Ruler of Tre Rotterguard Deserters
I do admire Lisa above most everyone over the years for all she has tried and accomplished. If anyone needs a greater game to be wiled by it's her.
Tyncale
Sad news indeed. smile So now this rather unique and daring Indy project will be assessed by some corporate bigwig from the MMO establishment, who undoubtedly will end up calling something like PFO a huge risk in the current MMO scene and quickly extinguish any flame of hope that this game may get funding. Let alone the shock this guy will get when he sees the current game in all it's pre-alpha, 2008 graphics/animations glory, with its unfinished world. I think the best we can hope from this guy, is that he thinks the design concept of PFO still has merit, but that the game needs to be developed from scratch.

Also, implementing settlement warfare *now* may the worst idea I have heard in a long time. Everybody knows that there are currently 2 or 3 powerblocks/cities in the game that pretty much have *all* the active players in them, with the rest of the settlements being held by single or dormant accounts. However dormant not meaning that these people have lost interest in the future of the game! They will however when one of these powerblocks set up a siege for their city.

Even if a Siege would be an enormous bloodletting for such a powerblock, the balance in the game is currently so lopsided that no fair fights or fun can be had. Just more sad faces and even more accounts being offered up for sale.

It is really odd that you would implement this idea now, in this shell of a game with its current population, lopsided as balance is currently. This feels like some desperate attempt to "finish" the game that Ryan had set out to develop, in some vague hope that this last feature will "righten the ship" or something, and all will be well.

Very deep sigh.
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
Commander Nefarious Robert Haagen-Takasi Grand Lich Ruler of Tre Rotterguard Deserters
Ever the pessimist Tyncale? I'm sure anyone worth their salt would suggest one last breath of Steam before throwing in the towel.
Tyncale
Yeah, let's try to get this greenlighted on Steam, that'll work. The Fires of Extinction will burn short but very, very bright!

Well, I guess it could be worth a try. Last ditch efforts are still a good reason for a sad face though. Even though I suspected as much months ago, it is sad to see that the whole Newcorp deal is pretty much not happening. That one kept most of us clinging on for the past year, so yeah, pretty salty.
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
Well we survived one monsterapocalypse already. What's a few more? smile
Edam
The talk of power blocs is nonsense.

One of the most curious things abut PFO is that the EE bigger groups (Xelias, TEO/BHA and TSV/AL) have abandoned ship, technically still claiming most of the map between them but in reality only having a few dedicated active players keeping them afloat. Meanwhile a batch of the smaller non-aligned settlements such as Keeper's and PFU are as active or more active than ever.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post