Settlement Warfare is on the March

Bob
And as a follow-up to the update from Lisa (blog post here, forum thread here), there's another post from me with more details. Check it out there, discuss it here.
Maxen
Wow, this is very exciting news. Looking forward to seeing how siege warfare plays out. Thanks Bob!
~facta, non verba~
Duffy Swiftshadow
Guys, I love you and all, I want this game to succeed, but that is pretty much the worst system you could implement right now.

Edit: I'll have a more thought out discussion worthy post tomorrow.
All Things End in Silence
Hope's End (Aeonian League)
vox.silentii.pfo@gmail.com, Paizo PM
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Are there gonna be siege defenses we can build? Maybe like a fort or something like that to guard the hex against it or maybe something that can be built in town to fire back against the camps or weaken them?
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Leader of Dun Baile, member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.

http://fianna.enjin.com
Commander Nefarious Robert Haagen-Takasi Grand Lich Ruler of Tre Rotterguard Deserters
Brilliant ideas. Good luck to you and all.
Fiery
Huh.
Harad Navar
Are you going to change the invulnerability of smallholdings? It seems with this scenario replacing one outpost with a small holding will effectively prevent the complete encirclement of a settlement with siege holdings/camps.
Knowledge can explain the darkness, but it is not a light.
Commander Nefarious Robert Haagen-Takasi Grand Lich Ruler of Tre Rotterguard Deserters
Does anyone really need to put a smallholding around the core six of a settlement? With such an honorable population you shouldn't even have to code that solution; just tell people this behavior is explicitly not allowed.
Duffy Swiftshadow
Harad Navar
Are you going to change the invulnerability of smallholdings? It seems with this scenario replacing one outpost with a small holding will effectively prevent the complete encirclement of a settlement with siege holdings/camps.

Unless theirs a bug smallholdings don't count for the capture process, so your just shorting yourself an extra outpost defense chance by using one. Once the attacker takes your 1 outpost and 1 holding out and puts down a regular holding I believe the new hex owner can collapse any smallholdings in the hex, thus negating the issue. IIRC the old explanation of that correctly, I haven't actually tested it myself.
All Things End in Silence
Hope's End (Aeonian League)
vox.silentii.pfo@gmail.com, Paizo PM
Bob
Duffy Swiftshadow
Harad Navar

Unless theirs a bug smallholdings don't count for the capture process, so your just shorting yourself an extra outpost defense chance by using one. Once the attacker takes you 1 outpost and 1 holding out and puts down a regular holding I believe the new hex owner can collapse any smallholdings in the hex, thus negating the issue. IIRC the old explanation of that correctly, I haven't actually tested it myself.

That's my understanding of how it works.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post