Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Structure Upgrades

plopmania
Another outlandish idea for AH upgrades could be the ability to link AHs of allied settlements. Sure, that could break trading a little bit, but maybe it would promote AHs as a real market.

Some restrictions could be:
- link distance is limited by upgrade (and both both AHs must fulfill the required upgrade level)
- buying from a non-local AH could incur some distance coefficient on the price (say, 5% per hex or something similar)
Flari-Merchant
It would be pretty interesting to do neat things like these with the buildings that we can. Add some character to them. Add some flavor to the game.

The state of the AH economy couldn't really be harmed by being able to see the stock listings in a few of them before traveling to them…
Giorgio
Flari-Merchant
The state of the AH economy couldn't really be harmed by being able to see the stock listings in a few of them before traveling to them…

You can quickly check all AH prices if you have the luxury of having multiple accounts and 1,000 XP alt stationed at all active AHs. That is a lot of $/per month to keep tabs on all market information, something I can't afford to do.
I also can't spend all my limited playing time running from one AH to another in order to check and compare prices and AH stock.

I would rather not have to do that and instead pay in game for the convenience of checking the prices of items on other AHs, as I can rationalize it as all AHs have NPC traders who are in contact with other AHs NPCs to keep up with the latest market information, and are willing to sell you access to the info for a fee.

If the AHs are part of the same alliance you get a discount on that fee, if the AH in question is not part of your alliance but neutral you pay the standard fee, if the AH in question is at war with your settlement or alliance, you pay double the fee. Something along those lines would be interesting and useful.
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

PM Giorgo on Paizo Forums
PM Admin George on Commonwealth of the Free Highlands
Bob
plopmania
Another outlandish idea for AH upgrades could be the ability to link AHs of allied settlements. Sure, that could break trading a little bit, but maybe it would promote AHs as a real market.

Some restrictions could be:
- link distance is limited by upgrade (and both both AHs must fulfill the required upgrade level)
- buying from a non-local AH could incur some distance coefficient on the price (say, 5% per hex or something similar)

Theoretically possible, but probably on the difficult side to implement. Still, could be worthwhile if other options don't make AH upgrades valuable enough.
Maxen
Giorgio
Flari-Merchant

I would rather not have to do that and instead pay in game for the convenience of checking the prices of items on other AHs, as I can rationalize it as all AHs have NPC traders who are in contact with other AHs NPCs to keep up with the latest market information, and are willing to sell you access to the info for a fee.

Not to mention this little thing called…magic. For a fee, the auction houses could communicate via Sending spells. Perhaps keep it to a ‘per item’ limit if you still wanted tight control. (Technically Sending is limited to 25 words.) But I don’t think a 1cp per item would be unreasonable to check various auction houses for a few items I’m looking for. Plus, can you say coin sink? smile
Tyncale
It was in the original plans to be able to check prices on AH's all over the world. Ryans argument was, that if this was not possible through in-game means, it would not be long before an out-of-game app/website would be developed where you could check prices (once the game would have gotten enough traction).

It was even said that you could actually buy remotely in another AH: after all, abadar credit is a global virtual (and unstealable)currency anyway. It is the transport of the actual Goods to the place where they are needed, that is supposed to be the vulnerable part of trading. As in danger of PvP.

There was talk of how buying remotely could be a function of a high level AH or a high level Crafters skill: that sort of thing. That would be a feature that is more difficult to emulate in an out of game app.
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
Edam
Tyncale
There was talk of how buying remotely could be a function of a high level AH or a high level Crafters skill: that sort of thing. That would be a feature that is more difficult to emulate in an out of game app.

That is more or less the EVE system. Unskilled you can see and sell/buy in your current local AH. Higher levels of the relevant trade skill can let you see or sell or buy at progressively more remote locations. Selling remotely requires the items be at the remote location and buying remotely means they are deposited in your vault at the remote location and have to go there to get them. Viewing, bidding and selling are separate skills if I recall correctly. Training to see, sell or bid at a nearby AH is relatively cheap. Training to see/sell/bid long distances is very very expensive. For this reason dedicated traders tend to locate themselves in a central location.
Bob
Tyncale
It was in the original plans to be able to check prices on AH's all over the world. Ryans argument was, that if this was not possible through in-game means, it would not be long before an out-of-game app/website would be developed where you could check prices (once the game would have gotten enough traction).

It was even said that you could actually buy remotely in another AH: after all, abadar credit is a global virtual (and unstealable)currency anyway. It is the transport of the actual Goods to the place where they are needed, that is supposed to be the vulnerable part of trading. As in danger of PvP.

All still stuff we'd like to do eventually. If we do eventually allow remote purchases, likely we'd just treat them like we do bids and have the purchased goods automatically moved to the bank. That way the goods themselves would still remain in the hex they were sold in, only the Abadar credit would transfer magically.
Flari-Merchant
This is one of those things (IMO) that I also would like to see but is a strange one to decide to work with. Not strange because it is weird, this is a high magic world, but because it is both a limited value feature now (with low pop) and because if the pop explodes, it would be best in-place already.
Bob
Auction House Upgrades is one of the last details we need to finish off before going to Zog. Here's what we're looking at implementing:

Non-upgradable items (generally meaning anything gathered or looted) can be sold at any Auction House, but upgradable items (generally meaning refined or crafted items) are restricted by tier and upgrade based on the Auction House's upgrade value:

+0: T2/+2
+1: T2/+3
+2: T2/+5
+3: T3/+1
+4: T3/+3
+5: T3/+5

The amount of time bids and offers last also increases as an Auction House is upgraded:

+0: 30 days
+1: 40 days
+2: 50 days
+3: 60 days
+4: 70 days
+5: 80 days

Thoughts?

Edit 1: Edited the tier/upgrade numbers to correctly switch to T3 at +3.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post